One of Leslie's fears was that Mason would lose his personality with the chemo treatment. And honestly, those 2 days of chemo he wasn't himself. Today, it was so nice to see the true Mason personality peeking through the fog of medicines as he emerged from his awake comatose state.
Mason is on quite a few medicines throughout the day. But, they can all be administered here at home, which makes life definitely scheduled, but easier than sitting in a hospital. It's not like a rigid schedule is new to the Low's, they have triplets! Richard is so organized it's not super stressful.
This morning Rich and I convinced Leslie to head out to a store with me while the triplets were taking a morning nap. Little did Leslie know, Stew (our brother) flew into Toronto on a red eye flight. :) She was so surprised to see him. She said she's never had a surprise so unexpected, ever. His work trip coincided perfectly.
It was nice for everyone to get out and do something fun. Rich and his dad went to a Blue Jays game. We went out for ice cream and enjoyed the diversity of downtown Toronto. It was nice to step outside a hospital and cramped condo and pretend that cancer doesn't dominate life right now.
Luke (left) and Thomas (right)
Uncle Stew with Thomas and Luke
Mason being soothed by his sweet Grandma Low
We hope each day continues to be better for little Mason. His immune system will hit low levels this weekend through early next week. Due to this, the Low's are trying to get home to a safe germ free environment as soon as they can. Pretty difficult to keep a house germ free with triplet infants and a 2 year old. But if anyone can, it would be Leslie and Richard. They are a dynamite team. :)


I just love this post. I got teary eyed watching the video of the surprise! and the pictures are all great. Stew holding the boys. crazy how old they're getting. Love the photo of mason and grandma low. great post!
ReplyDeleteStew looks so much like Beck and Gibson. And that is just the coolest thing ever. I love her face when she saw him. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletePsalm 46:1
ReplyDeleteGod is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
I am a mother of twins, and like one week ago I was reading in my group of twins in BBC something about triplets so I google triplets and came with your blog. I´ve been praying for you and hoping everything goes well. You are lucky to be in good hands, to live in a country that has good social system, hospital and doctors. You have a beautiful and lovely family God bless you all. I will continue praying for you beautiful babies,
I pray you all daily. Your strength is inspiring x
ReplyDelete