Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jasper

Last week, Rich and I took a quick trip to Jasper! It was a really fun and beautiful trip. Here are some pictures of our adventure.

Day 1

On the first day, we hiked Maligne Canyon. It is a really cool hike because you walk over 6 bridges that suspend over the Maligne River. Some of the canyon is as deep as 50 meters (don't ask me how many feet that is - it's just a lot)! Of course, in order to complete the hike, I slipped on some mud and got all dirty!
After the hike we drove to a few more lakes and saw some beautiful mountains.
Of course we had to complete the night by buying a whole pie for the 2 of us. I still feel sick when I think of it!

Day 2


We woke up to snow on the 2nd day. So we chose not to do another hike and we drove to some more scenic places. Our first stop was Athabaska falls. OH MY! It was amazing. The water was SO blue and the contrast with the snow and icicles was pretty cool. On both days we saw caribou, but this was the best picture we got of one. Can you imagine if you hit one of those?? YIKES. Anyways, it was a really fun trip! Hopefully we can do it again in the summer when it is warmer!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun!!! we need to all go back and go skiing one year!!! love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! I love how you arranged them! Sounds like it was a great get away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that looks gorgeous and like SO MUCH FUN!! I want to go now! Let's!

    ReplyDelete