Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ups and Downs

We were able to get some pictures taken today.
Getting three 3-month olds and a 2-year old all in one photo without tears is quite the feat!

Mason  -  Leslie  -  Luke  -  Thoma s -  Richard  -  Benson

We're finding the logistics of traveling to Toronto are overwhelming.
We have ups and downs as we try to coordinate it all.
They can't all fit on one row in an aircraft due to not enough oxygen masks.
There aren't enough seats in a taxi.
A trolley sounds pretty difficult.
We can't get a guarantee of a 7 passenger van from the rental car company.
There is a large conference - all the hotels are booked.
But, would a hotel even accomodate 3 adults walking the halls with crying babies in the night?!

That's not to mention carseats, bassinets, bottles, milk, laundry, etc.

But...it'll work out.
We're not totally sure how yet, but it just will.
So many small miracles have already happened.
So many people have reached out to us with suggestions and offers.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, just saw your story on my friend's facebook page & found my way to your blog. Have you checked with the Ronald McDonald House in Toronto? Here's a link http://www.rmhtoronto.org/
    You are all in my thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! thank you. The Ronald McDonald house would be a fabulous option, but they can't guarantee a spot until you arrive. And then, we are a little different situation with the triplets, so we aren't sure they could accommodate all the adults needed for triplet care! But thank you for the idea. :)

      Delete
    2. " so we aren't sure they could accommodate all the adults needed for triplet care!"
      This sounds so ridiculous. They have beautiful, large rooms, even two bedroom apartments at RMH. They should be able to help you. Hopefully your social worker will help you work it out. On the "Mothers of the 8th floor" facebook page you will find parents of children who have been or are being treated at Sick Kids for cancer. They are a wealth of knowledge. OPACC {Ontario Parents Advocating for Children with Cancer} has a parent drop in on the 8th floor on Tuesday nights and I think they are there almost every weekday in the Sears cancer centre. Gilda's Club is a few blocks walk from Sick Kids and has been a great help to us. It is a shame you have to come so far from home for your boys' treatment. I wish I could make it easier for you. The fundraiser is a good idea. The cost of having a child{ren} with cancer is shocking. You will need all the help you can get!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Low Family,
    There are no words. Only tears, hugs, and endless prayers. Your strength and faith is awe-inspiring.
    Please know that we love you, and are praying for miracles for your sweet little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This road you are going down is by far one of the hardest ones you will ever have to go down. And I am so sorry for it. No parent should ever have to face what you two will. I am a complete stranger to you but I want you to know that I am here for you and if you ever have any questions or need someone to talk to I am happy to be that person. You see, it was just 5 1/2 years ago my husband and I were going through the same thing you are. Our two year old daughter was diagnosed with retinoblastoma. Her eyes was 85% full of cancer. It was hard and it was scary but the Lord was with us and she is alive, happy, and cancer free today because of it. I want you to know that I know how hard and scary this is. You will spend endless hours at doctors offices and hospitals but you will make it through this. You really will. There will be times when you feel like you can't breath and that your world is spinning out of control . . . but it will get better. I promise. Hang in there and know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you stay at the Ronald MacDonald House in Toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want you to know I am praying for the triplets and your whole family. It is wise of you to recognize that Benson will need special attention and reassurance during this difficult time. I put your names in the Jordan River Temple and I am joining with you in the fast that Mason, Thomas and Luke will receive excellent care, that their lives will be preserved and that they will have vision to see their beautiful world. May you receive and recognize the tender mercies of the Lord. Grayce Rees (Rook friends of Julie and Stewart)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a post about your fundraising site on Facebook through (Bald and beautiful) I then followed you here. I can't even imagine the ups and downs of emotions that you have while going through this medical journey. Just know that there are many more people praying for you then you may even realize. I figure your LDS since the above comment mentioned the Jordan River Temple and you talked about your ward in one of your blog posts I suggest that you write down every positive thing that happens because sometimes that may be the only thing that gets you through that day. Also make sure that you do take some time for yourself to help you reenergize so you can be there for your boys. I only have one daughter (7yo) despite our desire for more and she was in the hospital for a week after having surgery to fix her soft palate because she refused to eat (even ice cream which she loved). She ended up on a feeding tube (for two weeks), then developing dysphagia (trouble swallowing) and having MRI's every 3 months to make sure she wasn't developing a brain tumor (common for Neurofibromatosis type 1) in an area that showed indications of possible tumor growth (found the year before because of photosensitivity but since that wasn't causing it they weren't concerned with the dysphagia it soon became a concern). With her dysphagia disappearing and with her back to her normal diet more than a year after her surgery her MRI's have gone to 1 a year. Sorry I'm tired so I'm rambling but you have a lot more going on then what I did and I shared what has been beneficial to me through the medical journey we have gone through. Sometimes the time to yourself maybe just getting a shower in or finding a quiet place without any of the monitors beeping to read your scriptures or to pray.
    Evamarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cani donate directly to you? Please email me at lnr086@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¿como puedo hacer un donativo directamente a ustedes?
    pónganse en contacto con mi email, blancamariafe@gmail.com

    Animo y saludos desde Madrid, España

    ReplyDelete